Do you want to find new ways to tell stories? Then look no further than the newest course on the schedule, Creative Storytelling, JOU 4930 Sect. 19H1.
Taught by Steve Johnson, this course is designed to be an open, safe environment for you to test the idea of what a story is. The idea is to move past the classic inverted pyramid style and to push the boundaries of traditional storytelling.
For more information read the syllabus, and don’t forget to sign up today.
WCJB-TV20 is looking for an intern who is currently studying communications/journalism at the University of Florida. The position will be in the sports department and will allow the student to shoot and edit highlights for different high school and collegiate sporting events. Typically it is a two-to-three day, per week, internship, with Friday being one of the days. Typical hours are 4 p.m. to 11 p.m., although hours do change occasionally.
College Magazine is seeking an undergraduate student for an editorial internship. Currently there are two student editor positions open for the fall semester.
Editors are the visionaries of College Magazine content, working closely with student writers and writing features for the website. The magazine is looking for editors with a strong voice who are passionate about the college experience. The position is 10 hours/week, and the editor may receive course credit. Candidates must currently be pursing a degree in English, journalism or communication and have previous experience editing for a college-level publication. The editor should possess leadership qualities and is expected to contribute fresh ideas for creating quality features.
To apply, please send your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is August 21, 2014 at 6pm EST.
Clear Passage Physical Therapy, a national network of clinics doing exciting work helping infertile women and others with life-altering conditions, is seeking a public relations assistant to work part-time at the Gainesville clinic. This individual will work directly with the President and Communications Director as the company continues to expand its national and international presence, particularly through social media and traditional media (magazines, TV shows, etc.) This position can become more permanent, if the candidate is successful.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Help manage Clear Passage’s social media presence
- Help develop an online support forum for patients
- Identify and contact relevant websites and blogs to feature Clear Passage and its work
- Work with online articles and videos
- Assist our Communications Director with various other tasks as assigned
Additional tasks may include:
- Help the PR team develop innovative ways of pitching stories
- Contact media professionals by phone and/or email as the first step in pitching the story; maintain an organized tracking system of which media outlets have been contacted, and what was communicated and when
The ideal candidate:
- Is a graduate student in a PR program
- Is an effective team player and motivated self-starter
- Has a strong writing background
- Has excellent organizational skills
- Is upbeat and has a strong phone presence
- Is comfortable cold-calling and emailing media professionals
- Adobe PhotoShop skills are a plus
For more information visit: www.clearpassage.com
Email your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a fax at 352-336-9980.
If you have a resume or can provide an overview letter about you and your skills, send that as well.
The Student Financial Affairs is hiring for three positions. The students hired must have been awarded Federal Work Study as part of their UF financial aid package for fall 2014.
- Student photographer – Student photographer will capture photographic images representing the full range of activities occurring on the University of Florida campus, utilizing creative and artistic skill. (https://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/55380)
- Graphic designer – Student Graphic Designer will assist with design on a variety of printed and digital materials using the Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac OS computer. (https://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/55382)
- Web designer – Web design tasks will primarily include making content updates and revisions to Student Financial Affairs web sites and related multimedia projects. (https://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/55381)
StudySoup is hiring for a paid Marketing and Business Development Internship. This is an on-campus position, and you’ll get to work directly with the executive team to come up with the best strategies to grow StudySoup nationwide.
StudySoup is a peer-to-peer learning marketplace for college students. The company is growing quickly and looking for a top intern who is willing to give his or her all to help grow the company in this leadership position. Apply here
. The deadline for applying is September 15.
Head of Operations
WJXT in Jacksonville, Fla., is looking for a sales trainee.
This temporary full-time position designed to offer the candidate exposure to all facets of television sales. Sales Trainee will develop skills in basic terminology; assist Research Director on sales research, operations/traffic, agency client relationships, competitive knowledge and specific sales training.
- Prefer applicants with a college degree or background in sales or sales related area.
- Must have good interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Must also have interest in a career to television sales.
Note: The position has a duration of 12 months. There is no guarantee of subsequent employment with Graham Media Group.
All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
The American Advertising Federation has begun accepting applications for the 2015 Most Promising Multicultural Students Program. This year’s deadline for applications is Friday, October 3, 2014 at 5:00 ET.
Students who are chosen are given:
- Access to high-level agency executives.
- Network with over 35 agencies and companies.
- Connect with industry professionals on the state of advertising.
- Visit top agencies and gain insight on corporate culture.
- Participate in leadership and development workshops.
To apply visit: www.aaf.org/mpms