Apply today for the American Junior Golf Association Summer Traveling Internship by visiting www.ajga.org/careers. The application deadline is January 15, 2015.
Watch “The Internship Adventure” to learn more: http://vimeo.com/55486835 and follow them at @AJGACareers #AJGAInternship.
Country Music Television/Viacom is accepting applications for its Summer Associate Program (SAP) – which is based in their New York office. The SAP program is a highly competitive 10-week paid internship program available for recent grads and certain qualified candidates. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
· Be in their last semester (or a recent graduate) of an accredited bachelor’s or master’s degree program and receive their degree by the start of the Viacom Summer Associate Program
· Be available for full-time employment from Thursday, June 4, 2015 through Friday, August 14, 2015
· Be dedicated to pursuing a career in the media/entertainment industry, specifically within emerging media and technology
· Have previous internship or work-related experience within or strongly related to emerging media and technology
· Have involvement in extracurricular activities — preferably activities that demonstrate leadership qualities and achievements
· Have a minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
Email Miriam Rattes a copy of your resume and a statement of interest at Miriam.email@example.com.
Crom Corporation, a design/build firm located in Gainesville, Florida is looking for a marketing/advertising intern, 10-15 hours/week, $12.50/hr. 3-month minimum time period, starting in January.
A knowledge of websites (design/development) and blogging are required.
A strong candidate should possess a creative mind with excellent writing and editing skills.
To apply call Brian Trahan at 352-372-3436.
The UFHealth Office of Interprofessional Education seeks a part-time intern to advise and assist in the development and integration of branding. The Office of Interprofessional Education at the University of Florida has been providing interprofessional learning opportunities for multiple health professions students since 1999. Our office, in conjunction with the six Health Science Center Colleges, develops learning opportunities that cross college boundaries. These joint educational experiences result in health professionals who have the attitudes, skills and behaviors to communicate effectively with other health care providers, can work effectively in health care teams, and can demonstrate professional conduct during interprofessional encounters. Duties associated with this internship shall include:
- Assistance with integration with UFHealth brand
- Consultation about the development of a unique identity for program (to include logo and themes)
- Assistance with the development and management of an online presence (WordPress)
The ideal candidate shall be a junior or senior student in good academic standing with an interest in health communications. Individuals should have the ability to dedicate 5 hours weekly during the Spring 2015 semester to this effort. This is an unpaid internship.
For more information, please contact:
Amy V. Blue, PhD
Office of Interprofessional Education
The University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences’ Communications Department is looking for a student intern to help with the writing of press releases.
The candidate will have strong writing, organizational, social and diplomatic skills. Some knowledge of science, agriculture, and/or aquaculture is a plus.
This is an unpaid position, but class credit will be provided.
Please send resumes and three to five writing samples to Kimberly Moore Wilmoth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FanBuzz, a national sports site, is looking for a freelance writer to write about the National Hockey League.
If you are a hockey fan and would be interested in writing for this site, please contact email@example.com.
Harper’s Bazaar is seeking interns to work for its fashion ecommerce site, ShopBAZAAR.com
, for Spring 2015 (approx. January-May). This internship is specifically to assist the Graphic Designer with the design of ShopBAZAAR.com
digital assets. There may be occasional opportunities to assist in other departments including Copy, Merchandising, Web Production and the Photo Studio.
The position is unpaid and you MUST be able to receive college credit** and work a minimum of 3 days per week.
In addition to learning the inner-workings of the Art Department, regular tasks include brainstorming for email campaigns, photo retouching/siloing, aiding in the design of ShopBAZAAR Emails, website assets, interactive web content, ShopBAZAAR/BAZAAR.com
blog art, web ads (for ShopBAZAAR and BAZAAR.com
), comping print and digital ad mocks.
Candidates must have a strong foundation in Photoshop CS6 and InDesign CS6, be detail oriented, excellent communicators and possess strong organizational skills.
Please send your cover letter, resume, portfolio and availability to Andrew Avila
. Students in all areas of study are welcome to apply.
** Must provide Credit letter, signed on school letterhead, including name, semester and states that they are registered and will receive credit for an internship at ShopBAZAAR.
University Athletic Association Communications department is looking for an intern.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Junior class standing with some applicable sportswriting background (such as The Alligator, as a newspaper or website correspondent, freelancer, etc.). Knowledge of AP style and Gators general sports are a must. Applicant must possess the ability to work under strict deadline and represent the UAA in a responsible and professional manner.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: The GatorZone intern will work closely with the the site’s supervisor and two senior writers on the creation of written content, such as event coverage, feature stories and assisting the GatorZone staff. Must be flexible and willing to work a non-traditional work schedule.
COLLEGE CREDIT: 1 credit hour
POSTING DATE: Dec. 1
CLOSING DATE: Dec. 9
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates please submit resume or application with cover letter indicating position of interest to:
GatorZone.com Senior Writer
GatorZone.com Senior Writer
College magazine is seeking talented writers who are passionate about the college experience. As a staff writer for College Magazine, you will capture campus life for current and prospective students through weekly entertaining articles.
Our staff writers begin with an eight-week training program to learn the ins and outs of online journalism while building their portfolio. Writers focus on sharpening their research, interview and writing skills through a series of assignments as well as team critiques. Working closely with our editors, our writers improve their technical writing skills and ultimately uncover their unique voice. Our graduates have gone on to careers at Mashable, Seventeen Magazine, Allure, Redbook, Rachel Ray Magazine, and Washingtonian.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Staff writers write weekly, promote their articles via social media and attend meetings with their editor. The position is 10 hours a week. We welcome applicants from all majors. Previous writing experience for a college-level publication is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 26, 2014.
The Florida Certified Organic Growers and Consumers, Inc. (FOG) has three different internship positions open.
- The Program Intern will work with FOG staff on activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Grants – Research and write grants, maintain grant and report tracking database.
- Program Planning and Development – Assist with current programs and the development of new projects,
including research, developing processes and materials, outreach and promotion
- Development – Assist in planning fundraising and outreach events including developing sponsorships,
coordinating refreshments and entertainment, publicity, working with partners, etc.
- Marketing/PR – Design print and electronic media, write and distribute press releases, maintain media list, attend
outreach opportunities, film workshops and other events. Assist in the development of This Week in Organic
Agriculture and with social media strategies.
- Office – Learn about behind-the-scenes office procedures. Monitor incoming emails and answer or forward, as required. Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member or take and distribute messages. Type documents, reports and correspondence. Greet public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member. Prepare outgoing mail for distribution. Fax, scan and copy documents. Retrieve information when requested. Maintain office filing and storage systems.
- The Communications Intern will work with the Communications Director and FOG staff on items that include but are not limited to:
- The Farm and Garden Intern will work with FOG staff on activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Porters Community Farm
- Seed or transplant and cultivate vegetables, herbs, flowers, and other crops using organic practices
- Harvest, clean, divide and distribute produce
- Supervise youth, adult, and community workgroups and volunteers
- Provide educational tours
- Construct, maintain and repair irrigation systems
- Work on improving weed and pest control
- GIFT Gardens & Community Gardens
- Maintain garden at Gainesville’s City Hall and the Alachua County Administration Building
- Coordinate with volunteer groups to conduct service learning opportunities
- Build GIFT Gardens
- Assist GIFT Garden recipients including residents, churches, schools and other orgs
- Assist in developing gardening workshops, tours etc.
To apply email: email@example.com (preferred; include intern in the subject line)