Beachboy is looking for student writers with an interest in fitness and health to contribute content to the Beachbody Blog:
http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/. The work would be unpaid, but students would get the opportunity to get their writing in front of readers with a link to their own personal blogs.
GUIDELINES: Beachbody is looking for articles between 400-700 words that quotes primary sources (studies, research
papers, etc.) instead of secondary sources (NYT, Men’s Health, etc.).
All content will be reviewed by the Editorial Team before it is published.
For more information email: Emily Coleman at email@example.com
SPJ and NAHJ’s South Florida Chapter are putting on a one-day conference in Miami on Saturday, Aug. 15, called Forging the Future: http://www.spjflorida.com/future/
The registration includes attendance at the evening SPJ’s Sunshine State awards ceremony.
The conference will be held by PepsiCo in Chicago the weekend of October 16-18th 2015. Because of our fantastic sponsors, attendees’ airfare, food, and lodging are entirely paid for through scholarships.
The conference is open to current undergraduate freshman, sophomores, and juniors.Students who will be juniors in the fall (Class of 2017) are particularly encouraged to apply.
Apply via this link: https://o4u.wufoo.com/forms/2015-out-for-undergrad-admissions-application/
For more information, please visit http://www.outforundergrad.org/our-conferences/marketing/.
REEF’s Marine Conservation Internship provides an in-depth look into REEF’s Volunteer Fish Survey Project and Invasive Lionfish Program. The REEF Internship is open to all majors and provides diverse experiences including communications,scientific research, outreach and education, data collection and management, non-profit operations, and public speaking. During the three month internship, you will have many opportunities to dive and volunteer with partner organizations in the Florida Keys and South Florida. Visitwww.REEF.org/internship to learn more and apply.
- Exposure to numerous non-profit educational and environmental organizations
- Experience in Florida and Caribbean fish identification
- Opportunity to become a member of REEF’s Advanced Assessment Team
- Practical field experience in monitoring protocols, procedures, and data management
- Gain experience with marketing, communications, graphic design and outreach
- Opportunities to teach others about the marine environment
- Making a lasting difference as a valuable member of the REEF team
- Hands-on experience with diverse tasks and responsibilities for important projects
- Network with key figures in marine science, SCUBA diving, underwater photography, and conservation
- Plentiful opportunities to dive
- College credit, if appropriate
- Letters of recommendation provided upon successful completion of the internship
- Dive training certifications from local dive shops and instructors, where applicable
- Make long lasting friendships with like-minded individuals
- Live in the beautiful, sunny Florida Keys, where the ocean is your backyard!
Application deadline is June 29, 2015.
For more information contact Martha Klitzkie at Martha@REEF.org or call 305-852-0030
Meet GainesvilleScene, a digital publication that caters directly to the collegiate and young professional audience.
GainesvilleScene encapsulates the pulse of your city. Whether it’s the local perspective on the best places to eat, national issues or cultural trends, Scene covers it. It is your go-to source for everything relevant in Gainesville.
Do you view the world a little bit differently?
GainesvilleScene wants unique voices to take on Gainesville (and the world). The team members enjoy creative freedom and editorial mentorship, as well as the perks of working with a fresh, new startup.
GainesvilleScene provides a steady stream of relevant content that includes, but is not limited to:
- campus and city-wide coverage (including restaurant and bar reviews)
- college culture
- national and world news
- music, nightlife and entertainment
If you think you fit the bill, please send a resume, two writing samples and a brief answer to one of the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “GainesvilleScene application”:
- “What is Gainesville?”
- “If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?”
- “What is one pearl of wisdom you’d share with a Gainesville newcomer?”
Disney/ABC TV Group is accepting applications for Fall 2015 interns in the New York office.To apply visit: disneyinterns.com.
- “20/20” Production Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (275952BR)
- “Good Morning America” Production Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (275945BR)
- “Nightline” Production Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (275950BR)
- “This Week” Production Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (276849BR)
- “World News Tonight” Production Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (275959BR)
- Early Morning News Production Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (277035BR)
- Reporting Internship, Brian Ross Investigative, ABC News – Fall 2015 (275957BR)
- Reporting Internships, ABC News Specialized Units – Fall 2015 (275955BR)
- Assignment Desk Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (275954BR)
- NewsOne Video Production Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (275960BR)
- NewsOne Sports Video Production Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (276507BR)
- Production Internship, Lincoln Square Productions – Fall 2015 (275946BR)
- Radio Production Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (275969BR)
- Rights & Clearances Legal Internship, ABC News – Fall 2015 (276509BR)
- Multimedia Editorial Internship, ABCNews.com – Fall 2015 (277409BR)
- ABCNews.com Editorial Internship, ABC News Digital – Fall 2015 (275965BR)
Sportody is recruiting creative and self-motivated brand ambassadors who want to raise awareness for a fast-growing and exciting tech startup. Sportody is a Gainesville-based company that has developed the world’s largest outdoor sports review network – Sportody.com.
- Increase brand awareness around campus and among the student population through events, flyering, social media and other weekly promotional activities.
- Increase registered Sportody users.
- Visit Sportody providers, leave reviews, and share photos and videos on social media.
- Build relationships with outdoor sporting providers in the area, promoting the use of Sportody as a way for providers to gain and retain customers.
- Assist with planning and providing feedback to the Sportody Marketing team.
- Sportody SWAG.
- Ambassadors earn points for completing weekly tasks. Points can be redeemed for prizes throughout the semester.
- Top ambassador each semester wins a free outdoor adventure for them and a friend. • Letters of recommendation and internship opportunities.
- Fun: You are a charismatic person that can talk to just about anyone. You’re fearless, flexible and want to share something awesome with the world.
- Adventure-oriented: You are interested in outdoor sports and adventures.
- Connected: You are member of at least one student club or organization. You have an active online presence and are an avid social media user. You have a strong knowledge of your city/campus, the hot spots, events and overall happenings.
- Motivated: You have strong integrity and work well independently with limited supervision.
- Current undergraduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must be over 18.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Available for 4-5 hours per week.
Ambassador Program starts Summer B. Send resumes to email@example.com to apply.
The University of Florida Center for Adaptive Innovation, Resilience, Ethics, and Science (UF CAIRES) seeks a highly motivated advertising student that is looking for work experience in a collaborative, creative center on campus. UF CAIRES seeks to foster interdisciplinary research and education related to environment and sustainability. Currently the center needs to develop a marketing campaign that will inform the UF community of resources and services that are available to them through the center, and also attracts faculty to join our research affiliates network, by which we hope to facilitate new interdisciplinary research partnerships.
The internship can be completed from home, and the hours are flexible. This internship can start right away, or run through fall semester. Candidates with significant previous experience in this kind of work may qualify for a $ 250 internship bonus.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The James Madison Institute (JMI) in Tallahassee, FL is interested in recruiting UF students for several opportunities. JMI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy research institute, or “think tank”, for the state of Florida advancing the ideals of economic freedom, limited government, and personal responsibility They are recruiting for various internship positions and one paid Campus Ambassador position.
- Campus Ambassador: JMI is looking for current, highly motivated students who are actively involved on UF’s campus to apply for our on-campus part-time job starting in fall 2015 to help with their resource efforts on college campuses.. JMI Campus Representatives will earn up to $1,200 per semester for an estimated 12-15 hours a week, have the opportunity to share JMI’s message with fellow students, and network and build relationships across Florida as well as with like-minded professors and university students. The application to apply for this part-time job opportunity is Tuesday, June 30, 2015. The application and responsibilities can be accessed here: http://bit.ly/1H8iQv8 or on Gator CareerLink (www.crc.ufl.edu, Login with Gator Link, Job ID: 771102).
- Interns: JMI is recruiting for Fall 2015 interns in their Tallahassee and Naples offices. Interns can have roles in the Policy, Development/Fundraising, Communications, Public Affairs, Education/Policy, and Special Events departments. For more information and to apply, visithttp://www.jamesmadison.org/about/internships.html. Or visit Gator CareerLink (www.crc.ufl.edu, Login with Gator Link, Job ID: 771103).
6 months (ending December 31st, 2015)
$20 per hour + travel expenses
- Occasional travel in northeast florida area, limited travel to central & south Florida, seldom travel to Washington DC.
- Occasional working from home
- Write news stories and press releases
- Maintaining digital strategy & website updates
- Articulate content for media, web and print sources
- Interview government officials for media related issues
- Collaborating with communications team to articulate issues relevant to local, state and federal public interests
- Assist with TV commercial production by co-writing scripts, co-directing film crew on-location, and giving creative opinions to editing staff
- Journalism degree attained, or journalism student with degree soon to be attained.
- Appearance and speaking skills are important for occasional on-camera appearances, radio broadcasts, and communications with TV media.
The company is a statewide government relations, polling, and lobbying firm.
Call for a direct telephone interview: 904.735.4268, Matt Justice, CEO (Reliant Florida)